Far East National Bank is committed to keeping your financial information safe and secure when you bank with us online.
How We Protect You
Regulation E Protection
Under protections provided by Regulation E (Electronic Fund Transfer Act), consumers may recover losses when there is unauthorized account activity according to how soon they are reported. In general, these protections cover electronic fund transfer activity through consumer accounts used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. Refer to pages 29-39 of our Deposit Agreement for more information about Regulation E protection.
Online Banking Features
Our online banking services provide safeguards to protect your personal information.
- We use Complex Device Identification, which is a more secure and behind the scenes process to validate your device (e.g. PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone), username, and password.
- Out of band authentication or dynamically generated out-of-wallet questions are used as an additional form of identification when you sign in from a device that is not recognized. These methods are also used to verify your identity if you forget your password and need to reset it.
- We use user ID harvesting prevention to block the ability to easily determine if a user ID is valid.
- Business Internet Banking uses an additional layer of security for high risk transactions which requires both your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and a unique, one-time passcode that changes every 30 seconds.
- You will never be presented with a maintenance page after entering login credentials. Legitimate maintenance pages are displayed when first reaching the URL and before entering login credentials.
- We do not use pop-up windows to display login message or errors. They are displayed directly on the login screen.
- We never display pop-up messages indicating that you cannot use your current browser
- Error messages never include an amount of time to wait before trying to login again.
How to Protect Yourself
General Online Banking Tips
Here are some things you can you to help protect yourself:
- Do not use public or other unsecured computers for logging into online banking.
- Check the last login date and time every time you log–in
- Change your usernames and passwords regularly and use combinations of letters, numbers, and special characters (e.g., #, @, etc).
- Do not use your personal information (such as your social security number or birth date) as a username or password.
- Review account balances and detail transactions regularly (preferably daily) to confirm transaction activity and immediately report any suspicious transactions to us.
- Set up system alerts to receive notification of account activity quickly; including:
- Balance alerts
- Transfer alerts
- Password change alerts
Business Internet Banking (BIB) Tips
Business Internet Banking (BIB) customers should perform an internal risk assessment and evaluate your internal controls on a periodic basis. In addition to performing a risk assessment and controls evaluation, BIB customers should also consider implementing the following measures to ensure online security.
- Establish system alerts to receive notification of account activity such as ACH and Wire alerts.
- Require multiple approvals for monetary transactions over a certain dollar threshold.
- Require separate entry and approval users.
- Establish transaction dollar limits for employees who initiate and approve online payments such as ACH batches, wire transfers, and account transfers.
- Review account statements and audit reports to monitor user activity.
Equal Housing Lender
Privacy & Security
© 2013 Copyright Far East National Bank All Rights Reserved